Hello friends, I hope you are all having a good week!!! This week has been a very productive one for me! I have completed several projects around the house and have even started a few new ones. I hope to share a few of them with you in the near future. I have realized too that I REALLY need to do a better job at taking BEFORE pictures once I start a project because some of them really have been a significant change around here. I honestly don't think I have been this productive with home projects since before Jillian was born. This has really been pretty fun and exciting for me. My house feels more clean and organized than it has in a long time.
- I am glad you are all enjoying the 'Pin It' Button tutorial that I posted about last week. I have received so many comments and emails that you are all using it for your blogs and that makes me so happy! I love making some one's life easier so please let me now if you have tried it on your blog and if you have any questions!!!
- Speaking of Pinterest, it really does seem like it is all the rage lately. I woke up this morning to my radio alarm to hear Brooke from 95.5 The Fish talking about it. It made me smile how it's is really everywhere these days!! It's funny because since it is linked to your Facebook page, I really have seen an increase in actual real life friends following my Pin Boards these days in addition to my usual Blogger friends. So if you are new to my Blog through Pinterest via my personal Facebook page, please send me an email or leave me a comment saying hello! I typically do not tell too many real life friends about my blog so it's interesting to me to see who is finding my hobby via Pinterest!!
- My heart has also been pretty heavy this week. My cat Bandit, and first "baby", passed away on Monday and I can't stop thinking about him. I adopted him back when I was 24, living on my own in a rented apartment, and enjoying the life of a single career woman. He was my buddy and special friend during that time. I can honestly say he was the best cat I have ever owned. Growing up, we seemed to always have cats, each one special in their own way, however he was just a REALLY good cat. He was not like other cats who are often independent and will show affection and attention on their terms. He was a pal, a buddy, and loved being around people. He was always at your side and loved to play. He had a spunky and energetic side too that was so cute. He also loved other cats too which is also unusual, unless of course it was a kitten. He did not like any cat that was younger than him because you could tell he loved being the center of attention. He always had to be "the baby." When I got married, my parents took full ownership of him because Jeff was allergic. Plus, my parents were retired and being the people cat that he was, would have been lonely living in our home all day with Jeff and I at work 40 hours+ a week. It was a great situation and will always be thankful to my parents for taking such good care of him. I feel awful for them too since he was such a big part of their lives for so long.
- It's going to be so hard explaining to Jillian why Grandma and Grandpa's kitty isn't around for her to
harasspet anymore. I know my heart is going to break when she asks me about it.
- I have been trying to take better care of my skin in 2012 and bought a few items from the Oil of Olay Regenerist line at Target this week. I am really hoping for an improvement in my skin and hopefully will fight off any additional damage. I tried the Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream and Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser this morning and I really love the smell which I wasn't expecting. I will let you know how it's going after a month of use.
- Once again this year I am watching 'The Bachelor' which I am sure isn't all that surprising to you! I really like Ben and how he handled himself with Ashley, however, he has some crazy women vying for his attention this season!!! So far I like Kacie as a person but not really sure if she would leave her life in TN for California. I can see that being a compromise for her. And what was up with the Shawntel making a surprise appearance on this weeks episode??? I am sure there is a better explanation to why she decided to show up on Reality Steve or somewhere else on the interweb's. I really do not want to read any spoilers on this season's outcome so I decided not to Google it. If any of you have heard what that was all about, I would love to hear your take on it. I am suspecting they probably have met before since a lot of the Bachelor's/Bachlorette interact in the same social circles. I am really hoping for her sake she just didn't decide on whim to go on the show without even meeting him!!!
- Jillian is really turning into a girly girl which I guess I really shouldn't be all that surprised since that is me to a T! She is truly is taking after her Mom and LOVES shopping at Target and will actually ask me to go on occasion. It's hysterical!! Yesterday, she and I went to Target on my day off and she actually started telling me what she liked and what she didn't. I was looking through the clothing racks of the Liz Lange maternity section and held up a sweater to my body when she says to me "I like this one." Then I held up another top and she shook her head 'No' and said "No like this one." I started cracking up!!! So I grabbed a few more to see what she thought of them too. She is too much!!!!!
I hope you are all having a good week!!! Tomorrow is Friday, woohoo!!!!