Happy 2013 friends! I love welcoming in a New Year, the promise of new beginnings and a chance to start fresh and new! I also love looking back and reflecting on the past year and seeing how far we have come. Without a doubt, the best thing that happened in 2012 and the biggest change in my life was the birth of our son, Nicholas. He is has brought our family so much joy, I finally feel like our family is complete.
I am also excited to get back into blogging in 2013! I took a bit of a break last Fall, it was either blogging or sleep and sleep it was! Blogging with one kid is relatively easy, blogging with two, not so much! Kudos to you that have been able to make it work! I am looking forward to sharing our family life, recipes, home decor, and all of my latest obsessions with you again. And trust me, I have plenty of things on my radar lately that I am obsessing about! Ha!
I have been reading across the blogosphere several bloggers summing up their 2013 Resolutions in one word. My word for 2013 is BALANCE. To take care of all the important people in my life while also taking care of me too. I found myself putting me last a lot in 2012 and am going to try to do a lot better in 2013.
Here are a few Resolutions for 2013 to help me achieve that BALANCE!
1. Take better care of myself by making time for showering, washing my face, brushing my teeth. It's sad but I will be the first one to admit that personal hygiene seems to take a back seat sometimes when you are a Mom. Please tell me I am not alone here. I have really gotten on a bad streak when it comes to my bedtime routine. By the time I go through the routines of putting both kids to bed, I have lost all my energy and desire to properly put myself to bed. Well no more, even if I am barely able to keep my eyes open, I will drag myself into the bathroom before bed and make some time for me. I really would like to take better care of my skin too and have been hearing a lot of great things about the Clarisonic. Can anyone share their experience? Have you all tried the Oil of Olay version? I would love to hear from you.
2. Lose the last 10 pounds of pregnancy weight. This is something that I am really struggling with. My body is still not 100% my own yet since I am still nursing. Dieting is kinda limited right now and finding time to exercise is tough too. I have been blessed so far that I have lost most of the baby weight strictly from breast feeding alone, however, I also find myself taking advantage of my built in calorie burner and have been eating like a teenage boy lately. I just need to eat better and make better choices.
3. Start blogging again, starting with 2-3 times a week.
4. Make the time to reconnect with old friends and build stronger relationships with new ones.
5. Get out of the house more with the kids by going to story hour, mall play area, outlet mall, play dates or any other fun area activity at least 1-2 times a week. I find it easier just to hang out at home in our pajamas and need to make a better effort to leave the house more during the week. Now that the cold and snowy Winter is upon us, it's even easier for us just to stay at home.
6. Put the iPhone down by 9pm. I rely on my iPhone for everything, not just for social media. I answer Thirty-One Gifts business calls and emails all day from customers, hostesses, and teammates. Its my lifeline to the outside world. I need to take a few hours out of my day to be phone free and just decompress.
7. Complete one small house project a month. I miss decorating and updating our house. Do you remember this post? Yeah, they are all half completed! I want to start setting small goals for our house for this year and start putting all those Pinterest pins to good use. We are not talking major project reveals here, just small improvements like the photo wall I have been dying to finish and painting a room or two. I still need to complete a few things for Nicholas's nursery. Have I even showed it to you yet? I don't think so......
8. Be more fashionable! It's easy to fall into the routine of wearing velour sweat suits and yoga pants everyday when you are a SAHM. Since I left my Accounting job back in March I no longer need to dress for Corporate America, however, I don't want to completely throw in the towel when it comes to fashion either. I love shopping for clothes and looking for fashionable, I used to have a pretty awesome wardrobe. My goal is to dress more "Mom chic". I have been recently obsessing over a few Mommy fashion blogs lately and they have been a huge motivation to me that SAHM's can be comfortable and fashionable! If you are looking for some easy and affordable Mom fashion ideas, check out Found in My Closet, Suburban Strut and Putting Me Together. They have awesome taste!
I am excited to live a more BALANCED life this year. How about you? Do you have a resolutions or a word of the year? I would love to hear about them!