My New Year's Resolution
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Happy New Year!!! I have so much to be thankful for and want to start this new year out right. My New Year's wishes are for a new house and hopefully a baby that sticks!!!! My New Year's Resolutions are:
1. Stay in shape and stick to my good habits! I made a lot of lifestyle changes once I turned 27 and realized I couldn't eat what I wanted to anymore! I lost 12 pounds on the South Beach diet and with the help of my favorite aerobics instructor Heidi and my company's gym. Five years later, I have been able to keep it off.
2. Get up early. I am so much more productive and confident when I don't start my day off running around and getting to work at a later time than I would have liked. My goal is to start my day at my desk by 8am. It will be tough since I usually get there at 8:30, but it's a goal and I am sticking to it!
3. Don't let work stress me out. My job has been pretty stressful lately, I have a ton of work to do in not a lot of time so it is a constant source of stress for me. My boss is not the easiest person to work for so that definitely does not help. I enjoy my co-workers for the most part, but miss the days of when I had really close work relationships like Lisa, Beth, and Christie. I love the company I work along with having a gym in our building. My sister and husband also work for the same company as I do so that is such a blessing. I am so lucky to be able to go to aerobics classes with my sister on our lunch breaks.
4. Stay organized. I try so hard to stay organized and I absolutely hate clutter, but the craziness of every day life tries to get in the way. We don't have a basement in this house to that is a real challenge with organization and storage. Oh, I pray, only a few more months in this house!
5. Try to stay financially focused. We have all of our credit cards paid off and I need to keep things that way. I have a major weakness when it comes to Ann Taylor and Target so I need to try to keep my purchases within reason. I have to keep reminding myself to save for our new home.