Happy New Year!!! I have so much to be thankful for and want to start this new year out right. My New Year's wishes are for a new house and hopefully a baby that sticks!!!! My New Year's Resolutions are:
1. Stay in shape and stick to my good habits! I made a lot of lifestyle changes once I turned 27 and realized I couldn't eat what I wanted to anymore! I lost 12 pounds on the South Beach diet and with the help of my favorite aerobics instructor Heidi and my company's gym. Five years later, I have been able to keep it off.
2. Get up early. I am so much more productive and confident when I don't start my day off running around and getting to work at a later time than I would have liked. My goal is to start my day at my desk by 8am. It will be tough since I usually get there at 8:30, but it's a goal and I am sticking to it!
3. Don't let work stress me out. My job has been pretty stressful lately, I have a ton of work to do in not a lot of time so it is a constant source of stress for me. My boss is not the easiest person to work for so that definitely does not help. I enjoy my co-workers for the most part, but miss the days of when I had really close work relationships like Lisa, Beth, and Christie. I love the company I work along with having a gym in our building. My sister and husband also work for the same company as I do so that is such a blessing. I am so lucky to be able to go to aerobics classes with my sister on our lunch breaks.
4. Stay organized. I try so hard to stay organized and I absolutely hate clutter, but the craziness of every day life tries to get in the way. We don't have a basement in this house to that is a real challenge with organization and storage. Oh, I pray, only a few more months in this house!
5. Try to stay financially focused. We have all of our credit cards paid off and I need to keep things that way. I have a major weakness when it comes to Ann Taylor and Target so I need to try to keep my purchases within reason. I have to keep reminding myself to save for our new home.
Hello and thank you for visiting Karen At Home Blog! I hope you will relax, kick back, and make yourself at "Home". I am a former Corporate Accountant turned Stay At Home Mom to two year old Jillian, 7 month old Nicholas, wife to my best friend Jeff and a Thirty-One Gifts Consultant. My blog is about everything that I love from Home Decor, DIY projects, and Recipes to Homemaking Tips and our own family life.
As a busy Mom, I am always looking for better ways to clean, organize and decorate our home. That is how Karen At Home...Homemaking Made Simple came to be. I love sharing my Homemaking and Decorating tips with you! My goal is to make your life just a little bit easier and a lot more inspired!
I AM A ORIGAMI OWL DESIGNER
I loved my job as a Thirty-One Gifts Consultant so much, I decided to sell Origami Owl Living Lockets too! I would love to have you follow me along on my journey as an Origami Owl Designer over at my Hoot Mama Lockets Blog . Create a Living Locket, Host a Jewelry Bar Party or Join Origami Owl and become an Independent Designer! I love hearing every customer's inspiring story and creating a personal locket just for them. Please contact me at anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my website www.hootmamalockets.origamiowl.com for details.
I am an Independent Designer of Origami Owl, the views expressed on the blog or website are mine alone and don’t represent the views of Origami Owl.
This blog has been approved by the Origami Owl Marketing Department.
c 2011 All rights reserved Karen At Home. Design by Karen At Home Blog. EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE FROM THE IMAGES TO THE TEXT BELONGS TO KAREN (OWNER OF URL WWW.KARENATHOMEBLOG.COM). IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE ANY OF OUR CONTENT THEN FEEL FREE TO EMAIL KAREN AT KARENATHOMEBLOG@YAHOO.COM.